Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome to 1st Grade

My name is Mrs. Bumgardner and I am so excited that you are going to be in my class this year. I am so glad that you and your family logged on to check out our class blog.

This is a picture of me. I can't wait to put a face with your name too!!! I've already been very busy getting our classroom ready. There are so many things to do before the first day of school.

I can't wait to meet you on August 11 from 5:30-7:15 at Meet Your Teacher Night. Please bring all of your supplies with you that evening so we can get them labeled and put away. Then you will be all ready for the first day of school.

Throughout the year I will post pictures of special things we do in our classroom as well as notes and reminders for your parents here on our class blog. You can even share this address with your grandparents and other special friends so they can see all the fun things you are doing at school every day.

This is a picture of my family. My husband's name is Jeffrey and my son's name is Grant.

Grant will be a 3rd grader at Pray-Woodman this year.

I also have a stepson named Miles who lives in Kansas City. He will be a sophomore in high school.

This is my dog Spiro.  He is a bichpoo (Bichon/Poodle mix).  He has been a part of my family for about 3 years. He is the best dog ever and he can do some funny tricks.

As soon as school starts I will have more pictures of me and my family for you to see on our Star Student bulletin board. I even have a picture of myself when I was in 1st grade. You will get a chance to have your very own special week to bring pictures to share with the class too. It's always so much fun to get to know everyone in our class. I know we are going to have a fabulous year together.

No comments: