Friday, December 19, 2008

Polar Express Day Fun

We've been counting down the days to "Polar Express Day" and it finally arrived. Everyone looked so cute coming in wearing their pj's.

We began by reading the story and then we made a train art project and sequenced the events from the story. Then we had some fun making a bell necklace with beads. Just before lunch we went to the gym for our anual school sing along. The kids have been learning lots of fun Christmas songs in music. After lunch we got out our pillows and blankets and watched the "Polar Express". Then it was time for our fun Christmas party. Thanks so much to all of the parents who helped out. Meredith Bruner (Sidnee's mom) did a super job getting it all organized. The kids had a blast decorating cookies and drinking hot cocoa. Hopefully the bus ride home got most of them calmed down. It was an exciting day in room 126!

I feel so blessed so have such a great group of kids and parents this year. It really is a pleasure to come to work each day. I want you all to know how much I appreciate all of the wonderful gifts I received throughout the week. I am very appreciative of your thoughtfulness. I hope you all enjoy a relaxing holiday with your families.

Sit back and enjoy all of the pictures from today. I took a bunch!!!


No comments: